Lebanon: Ethiopian maid drank detergent last Monday, died

Share Find us on Twitter Find us on Facebook Find us on ... Share this via email
Jan 14 2010

An Ethiopian maid, Betlehim Sh., died at the house of her employer M. M. who is the head of a municipality in Northern Maten (Mount Lebanon). Security reports indicated that she was taken to hospital last Monday after drinking a quantity of "Eau de Javel" detergent and died at 6:30 in the evening of the same day.

Below is the 2 line reporting of Al-Akhbar today:

وفاة عاملة إثيوبية في منزل رئيس بلديةنشرت تقارير أمنية خبراً جاء فيه أن م.م. وهو رئيس بلدية في المتن الشمالي أفاد أن بتلهيم ش.، وهي إثيوبية تعمل في منزله، نُقلت يوم الاثنين الماضي إلى المستشفى بعدما تناولت جرعة من مادة «أو دو جافيل». عند الساعة السادسة والنصف مساءً، توفيت العاملة الإثيوبية.

Originally posted at Ethiopian Suicides.

Advancing the rights of migrant workers throughout the Middle East