Advancing the rights of migrant workers throughout the Middle East
This is a compilation of articles concerning migrant workers in the Middle East.
- Slavery of children and women in Persian gulf countries
- Most citizens of Kazakhstan who fall victim to human trafficking are sent to the UAE
- May 26: "A group of Iranian boys and girls will be sold in an auction today in Fojeyreh, UAE"
- Muka worked for Halla, a UAE diplomat
- Nepal a "source country" for girls & women trafficked to the UAE for domestic servitude
- Police officer arrested, but the trafficking in women for the UAE continues
- Saudi Arabia/GCC States: Ratify Migrant Rights Treaty
- Boys, sometimes as young as 5, are sent to the UAE from Bangladesh, India & Pakistan
- Report lists United Arab Emirates as a country tolerating slavery
- Case studies about female domestic workers in the UAE [PDF]
- Report states that women & children are trafficked as prostitutes or brides to the UAE
- 20-year old Tatyana was promised a job, then stripped of her passport and sold to a brothel
Breaking and important news in your inbox